.: Five Cellular Automata 6.22
A cellular automaton consists of:
(a) A structure of cells, such as the squares on a chess board.
(b) A set of values or "states" such that each cell is associated with a particular state.
(c) A set of rules describing how one state of the system (a particular configuration of cells in specific states) is to be transformed or converted to another state of the system.
This is software for exploring five cellular automata, as follows:
1. An extended version of Conway's Life, called q-state Life.
2. A simulation of the Belousov-Zhabotinsky chemical reaction in which, beginning from a random state of the system, spirals and curlicues "spontaneously" emerge.
3. A process called Togetherness in which cells with random states move so as to maximize the number of neighbors of each cell in the same state as that cell (or, thought of in another way, in which the cells rearrange themselves so as to form maximal clusters of cells all having the same state).
4. Viral Replication, a simulation of a population of dividing cells subject to viral infection.
5. Diffusion-Limited Aggregation, illustrating a process in which particles diffuse (moving randomly) and aggregate to form a fractal structure.
The documentation provides a complete description of the algorithms used.
|Games / Simulations|
Program system requirements: A video resolution of 800x600 or better.
New in this version: Minor improvements.
File size 1.85 MB
| cellular automaton,
.: Top Simulations / Games programs
18 Wheels of Steel Haulin' 1.01
Deer Hunter 5
Singles: Flirt up your Life!
Hunting Unlimited 3 1.2
RollerCoaster Tycoon Loopy Landscapes Pack
Hacker 2012 - Final Transfer 1.01
.: New Simulations / Games programs
Drum online machine 011
Painting game - cat 03 09
Hungry Animals 1
Bare Knuckle 3 1.0
Instrument kalimba 09
Guitar Machine 8.01
Aerobiz Supersonic 1.0